Monday, October 31, 2011

Tools of the Trade

Learning to become a more conscious eater takes a bit of awareness. Luckily there are a variety of tools that can assist you on your path. One such tool is the food scale. Now I know I can hear you cringe in the background but this is no time to moan and groan. I admit I wasn't wild about the idea. It struck me as being anal, restrictive and hard core. In the beginning of your diet, it's what you may need. Early on I dismissed the need for one but then I noticed the language I was using. I'd often use phrases like " that looks right," "I think that's right" and "that should be right." It wasn't until I got my scale that my wording changed to "that is right." Afterwards I noticed just how off I was on my measurements. Sometimes we're forced to do things we don't want to do but more often than not it ends up helping use than hurting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment