Sunday, November 6, 2011

Favorite New Thing

The aisles of my grocery store are filled with hidden treasures just waiting to be discovered. Not too long ago I grew tired of my usual soy milk and was in the mood for something new. What to choose, what to choose? Almond milk, rice milk, hemp milk and out of the corner of my eye there it was...coconut milk. Coconut milk is gluten free, lactose free, soy free and vegan. The unsweetened version of So Delicious is only 50 calories per 8 oz serving. I like to add some to my protein shake for some much needed fat and my coffee in the morning to get me started. Coconut milk is a little watery and lacks the consistency of regular milk. Unsweetened coconut milk can be a little bit bland so feel free to sweeten it up using Truvia or vanilla extract (for a low cal approach) or buy the already flavored versions. Get out there and make a new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment