Friday, December 23, 2011

New Year's Resolution 2012

When it comes to New Year's Resolutions I'm in the minority of the population....I love them! There's something so exciting about setting goals for myself and setting out towards achieving them. After years of making resolutions I've learned a few things from past successes and failures, here's some of what I learned.

  • Create a clear and concise resolution that details what your resolution is and what you hope to achieve from it. 
  • Starting with the end goal in mind write the necessary steps to achieve your resolution. Track your progress by creating milestones marking the beginning, middle and end of you goal.
  • Make sure it's meaningful to you.
  • Have some fun along the way. 

Since I am taking about resolutions it's only fitting to reveal one of mine. 

My resolution for 2012 is to have one media free night a week. After 8:00 pm no television, laptop or smartphone viewing will be allowed. For every night I go "screen free" I will pay myself $3.00. Each quarter I'll perform a financial audit where I should have around $36. My ultimate goal is to reduce my weekly media consumption. 


No comments:

Post a Comment