Friday, December 30, 2011

Bread Recommendations

      Bread is a stable found around the world, whether your in India enjoying roti or in France biting into a baguette, bread brings us to the table. Now that gluten free bread is available more people can join the table. Here are two of my favorite breads found at my table.



Udi's Whole Grain Bread: This is a fantastic bread with a light and delicate texture. I love it for it's amazing "multi-tasking" ability. Dip slices into a mixture of eggs, milk, cinnamon and powdered sugar for amazing french toast. To make croutons for soups and salads take toasted bread and finish both sides with butter,salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder before cutting into squares. Need some breadcrumbs for your chicken tenders? Simply take some toasted bread pulse in your food processor and season to taste.








Food for Life Millet Bread is a hearty bread that's more substantial than Udi's Whole Grain Bread. I use it more in the course of my everyday life. I find it's dense texture to be filling. It's great for open face sandwiches as it doesn't brake or crumble so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment