Sunday, April 22, 2012

Deals and Steals - C.B. Mixing Bowls

        Taking cooking classes in my spare time isn't just a hobby, it's so much more. I always seem to learn an interesting fact or tidbit that makes the cost of enrollment all worth while. While attending a cooking basics boot camp the chef instructor took a moment to talk about essential tools that every chef should have. As he went down the list I checked the items off in my mind. Then all of a sudden he said "mixing bowls... lots of them" and then I realized the closest thing I had to a mixing bowl was a cereal bowl.

      Determined not to fall in that trap I set out to find my own set of mixing bowls. I started looking online and came across Crate and Barrels 10 piece glass bowl set. Dishwasher and microwave safe, they come in varying sizes from 1 oz to 4.5 qts. They're sturdy, perfect to serve out of and they stack inside each other for added space saving benefits.  All that for only $29.95...SOLD! I've had my set for some time now and I don't know what I would do without them. I'm surprised how useful they've become time and time again. Thanks chef for the great advice!





No comments:

Post a Comment