Saturday, February 25, 2012

Favorite New Thing - De Boles Pasta

        After going gluten free I abandoned the thought of finding great tasting pasta. Brown rice, corn, quinoa all great grains but in the end made for terrible pasta. My world was turned upside down when I encountered De Boles Multi Grain Spaghetti Style Pasta. Made from a delicious blend of rice, quinoa and amaranth De Boles is the first pasta I've kept in my cupboards (as opposed to tossing it out after the first use). It's surprisingly great tasting and filling. I love the fact that it blends well with sauces (instead of tasting like corn or rice with spaghetti sauce on top of it). To use simply toss in boiling water for 5-7 minutes or until al dente. I'm still having a little problem getting the al dente part down but I will get it. Best of all I love how it's given me a pasta experience I can look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment